All levels of the Fidelity National Financial Family of Companies are here to support our title agents amid the ongoing COVID 19 pandemic. The entire FNF team wants you to know that you can lean on FNF for the guidance and support you need during these uncertain times.
We are aware that a few counties across the country are not currently allowing recording. The American Land Title Association (ALTA) is keeping a running list of such counties on a recently launched COVID-19 dedicated webpage (http://www.alta.org/coronavirus).
Our National Agency Team encourages you to follow CDC recommendations and do what you can to protect the health and safety of your customers and fellow team members. Here are some measures ALTA recommended taking in a recent blog post.
- Encouraging all customers and visitors to use hand sanitizer and/or wash hands upon arrival and providing hand sanitizer in closing spaces and other common areas.
- Telling employees who feel sick to stay home and informing customers who are ill to either reschedule a closing or ask for a private closing room ahead of time.
- Disinfecting all items in closing rooms, such as chairs, tables, and door handles, in between closings.
- Using new pens for each transaction and making sure to remove any pens, papers or other items from the table after a closing is completed.
- Removing all reading materials, dishes and other re-usable items from your lobby or waiting area.
- Practicing social distancing whenever possible by staying at least six feet away from others. Some companies are offering separate closing rooms for buyers/sellers and trying to minimize the number of people physically at a closing.
- Enhancing general environmental sanitizing practices and making sure after-hours cleanings are utilizing the appropriate germ-killing solutions
- Allowing employees who can work from home without disrupting production and service continuity to do so.
No matter how long this situation continues, we want our agents to know that FNF is here for you. If FNF can be of assistance to you in any way, please reach out to your agency representative today. We are committed to staying connected (while practicing social distancing) as we all navigate these unprecedented times together.